Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Progressive Era

 On the contrary Professor Smith! https://www.antiwar.com/ is actually a favorite of mine. So to counter your question, this obscure website fuels one of the fibers of my being. I am and individual who is fueled by my passions, and if you knew me, fighting is one of them. Every form of combat is a fascination for me, and war is no different. Not that I support war, but I am aware of its sad necessity in this world. We as humans are too far from ever existing without it. I have always been shaped as a character and person by a conversation when a student once asked Bruce Lee "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" Bruce Lee replied: "It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war".  

No matter where you stand on war, the facts never lie. War is hell, any soldier and civilian will agree. War drains money, lives, and hope from everything it touches. War is never the solution, but often times is the answer given. I believe it is on is and the people around us a community to come together and be prepared to handle any situation. I will never be ashamed to be able to handle myself in any life threating situation. But before I get away from myself, the second source we looked at was theamericanconservative.com/web-categories/realism-restraint/, and I wish I had known it sooner. Its true that websites like these are never easy to find, mostly because of what they are. Large media doesn't intend to share the story at face value, or include all the facts. I can say this because the news seeks to build a case to gain its audiences favor and repeated viewership. See, reality and facts are messy. Their is no clean story to tell, but the news does what it can to clean it up. These website show how messy true news would look.

No comments:

Post a Comment